.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Friday, October 16, 2009

Reflective Cycling Cape Update

reflective tweed cycling cape
Well, I've finished my reflective cycling cape and I must say I'm just a tiny bit disappointed. The price and time commitment were definitely right, but the finished result isn't as great as I'd hoped. Oh, it's cute all right. I like it, and I think for someone else it will be perfect, but
  • it's too grey for my complexion, I look washed out when I wear it
  • it's too short for me - the next one will be a different, longer pattern
  • it's too light weight for me - this I had suspected but I liked the fabric's slubby weave... This cape belongs in Florida or some place warmer than here
(NOTE, I'm not sure it's any lighter than the Dashing Tweeds cape. Take a look at how theirs drapes. I just know that I'd want a heavier, longer cape for Boston)
  • the contrast of the seam binding (which matches the gold fibers) is more striking than the reflection of the fibers themselves - the cape is probably safest worn inside out and while the construction would be proud to be on display (did anyone see the Hermes dresses last spring? Inside out to show the impeccable construction), that wasn't my intent...


seam binding on cape
On final review it's worth far more than the $5 I spent, but it not yet the ideal reflective cycling cape.