.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Friday, August 14, 2009

Honjo fender painting update

nailpolish bike paint
My mother prides herself on her ability to remember colors, and to pick things that match exactly when she gets them home.

I think I didn't did too badly when I selected Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in "Marine Scene" to match my Atlantic Blue Dawes bicycle. At $2.99 I was willing to risk it but it looks to me like it works!

In order to see what the polish would look like painted on my fenders, I tried different numbers of coats on a piece of aluminum foil. I will need to do three coats to get the right buildup of color and glitter. Yes, the nailpolish is prismatic like my original paint.

It occurred to me as I was riding in this morning that nailpolish is enamel formulated for a certain degree of flex without cracking. That's probably a very good thing for fenders since they do flex.

UPDATE: Photos of the painted fenders...