.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Singlespeed Cargo Bike

Here's a bike I've been seeing for the last few months, up and down Cambridge Street. I've been holding out on posting it, hoping that I will happen to catch a glimpse of it being ridden. No such luck.

DIY homemade bike bicycle cargo utility
How odd it must be to steer with that rubber-wrapped bar! I notice that there are no brakes, so it must be fixed-gear. (Updated: Ooops, I was wrong - it has a coaster brake, thank heavens!)

DIY homemade bike bicycle cargo utility
Here it is in January, still on Cambridge Street:

DIY homemade bike bicycle cargo utilityI couldn't find any maker information on the bicycle frame itself. There are two forks being used to hold the two front wheels, it's my theory that this is a DIY cargo bike. Isn't it wild?

DIY homemade bike bicycle cargo utility