.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Monday, October 20, 2008

DIY Spoke Reflector

CD as bicycle spoke reflectorI saw this gentleman, C, going out on Saturday night. I was taken with his style and particularly his DIY, extremely practical, spoke reflector, which he graciously allowed me to photograph. On the right city bike I think this would look very natural, the urban simplicity thus chic. It really depends on the bike, I can't see this with my bike...

Initially I thought this would be a good use of any old archival CDs, but then I realized that it might not get scratched quickly enough and someone could make off with data. So I think I would follow C's lead and only use CDs found in the street. Hopefully there won't be any major secrets on those!

C invited me, and all of you, to the Cambridge Bicycle Committee meetings, the second Wednesday of the month.

Finally, several encounters over the weekend have led me to the following observation, what do you think?
bike bicycle beard facial hair